Saturday 31 January 2015

Purple Japanese Rooibos


I actually finished this dress in December but I'm only just getting around to posting about it now. I seem to be on a Colette roll at the moment. This is my first Rooibos and I used a purple Japanese print cotton that I bought in Tokyo a few years ago.


I cut a size 4 but had to take it in quite a lot - it's not nearly as fitted as the website photo would have you believe. I also had a go at doing a full bust adjustment for the first time. Luckily the Colette website has a Rooibos sewalong which includes instructions on how to do this and it worked! Woohoo!


I really like the contrasting collar detail and I think I've ended up with a cute little shift dress. The fit is a little boxier than I would ideally like but now they I've put in the zip I don't see how I can take it in any further.



I also made it quite a bit shorter which luckily was my intention as that's all I had enough fabric for!


This is my third Colette pattern and so far I've been really pleased with all of them, the instructions are easy to follow and I really like their designs. I wonder which one I'll try next?


5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I don't think that it looks boxy at all, and I love the purple fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne. It's probably just that I'm used to wearing more fitted dresses.

      Delete