Friday 30 May 2014

A Birthday Surprise and Outfit Along Plans

I have such a cool husband. I drag him along to fabric shops, he actually listens and doesn't stare blankly at me when I talk to him about my sewing projects, he puts up with all my swearing when I have no choice but to get the seam ripper out AND he knows how to choose the perfect birthday present!



He got me an overlocker (or serger if you prefer) - Yay! - I had a little play on it today. Thank goodness it comes already threaded as I watched the instructional dvd and I'm none the wiser. I've yet to have my free lesson at Janome to learn how to use it properly. It's a little bit scary, but I'm very excited!

I'm also getting all excited about the Outfit Along co-hosted by Lauren (Lladybird) and Andi (Untangling Knots). It's a sewalong and a knitalong combined to create a complete outfit. I'm going with Andi's Myrna cardigan which is really cute and I'm hoping not too difficult as I'm not really much of an experienced knitter.


I also really like the dress chosen by Lauren for the sewalong but I haven't been able to find the right fabric for it so have decided to make a skirt with some fabric from my stash.


I'm not sure I'll be able to finish the cardi in time (end of July is the deadline) and I probably should be knitting a less summery outfit seeing as we're just moving into winter here but hey, I can't resist a sewalong - it's gonna be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Doll! Melody from Bourbon and Bras here!

    I thought I'd try and email you but can't find it, so I'll leave a reply to your recent comment on my blog here!

    Spitalfields is a great market, but you'll want to come on a Thursday for the vintage/antique market - the rest of the week there's pretty much just crappy typical market stuff.
    The weekends are also good, my favourite days being Sunday, but if there's a vintage market on (Belle's is the reoccurring one) the Saturday's are REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete